6B43 Zabralo-Sh 6A Armor
The 6B43 bulletproof vest of 6А protection class (roughly equivalent to IIIA protection class) is designed for protection from light weapon bullets - including BP and PP - fragments of grenades, mines, and melee weapons, as well as reducing the risk of after-penetration effects during combat situations.
- 2 need to be found for the quest Sew it good - Part 3
- 1 can be obtained by completing the quest The Punisher - Part 1
Can of thermite
TP-200 TNT brick
Phased array element
6B43 Zabralo-Sh 6A Armor (damaged)
- Occasionally mistakenly referred to as "Fort" or "Defender" by players due to the armor being named "Fort Defender" in the alpha builds
- The GOST-R 50744-95 6A protection class is rated to stop 7.62×54mmR AP rounds fired from a Dragunov sniper rifle, surpassing even NIJ level IV, which is rated to stop a single .30-06 M2 AP round. The in-game description erroneously says that the Russian class 6A is the equivalent of NIJ level IIIA; however, 6A is far more protective than that. It should be noted that the armor does contain armor plates, as can be seen if one looks closely at the front, where the outline shows.
- Indeed, the armor is intended to sustain three armor piercing tungsten projectiles, as well as incendiary projectiles (bullet code 7-BZ-3) fired from a Dragunov at 5.10m.
- GOST-R standards for personal armor are very strict, compared to relatively lax NIJ standards. NIJ standards allow for up to 44mm of backface deformation (BFD), which can lead to internal injury. By contrast, GOST-R has a much lower tolerance for BFD. GOST-R 6A armor can withstand the aforementioned 7.62×54mmR AP rounds with only 16mm of BFD.
- Comparatively, GOST-R 2 requires armor piercing handguns that have been known to defeat Level IIIA protection to be defeated at 5.10m, such as the 7.62x25mm Tokarev and the 5.45x18mm PSM. GOST-R 2A can withstand a 12 gauge shotgun slug; again, with minimal inconvenience to the wearer.