AS VAL (Avtomat Specialniy, Special Automatic Rifle) - silenced automatic rifle with integral suppressor designed for special forces units. Developed in TSNIITochMash on the VSS Vintorez platform.
- 1 needs to be found for the quest Gunsmith - Part 11
- 1 can be obtained as a quest reward for Anesthesia.
30-round SR3M.130 9x39 SR3M magazine
CAA XD RGL mount for SVD
Cobra EKP-8-02 reflex sight
OKP-7 reflex sight (Dovetail)
NPZ USP-1 4x scope
NSPU-M night Scope
Axion Cobra mount
KMZ 1P59 Dovetail mount
Pilad 043-02 Mount
B-13 rail platform
B-13V rail platform above reciever "Classic"
Zenit-Belomo PSO 1 4x24 scope
Zenit-Belomo PSO 1M2-1 4x24 scope
Zenit-Belomo PSO 1M2 4x24 scope
- Since the AS "Val" uses an integrated suppressor, the amount of noise and visible muzzle flash is comparatively lower than standard, unsuppressed rifles. This can be advantageous, as partial obfuscation of a player's position prevents engaged enemies from identifying cover that will provide adequate defilade, and additionally reduces their ability to effectively return fire. Local threats that might wish to capitalise on the chaos or 'tunnel vision' of a firefight will be less capable of identifying the shooters position, providing a further advantage for those using suppressed weapons such as the AS VAL.
- It may be advisable to use the AS "Val" in Factory, since the rifle's range is more limited than similar carbines, mainly due to its integrated suppressor and subsonic ammunition. It's high rate of fire paired with its relatively low recoil (as a result of its heavy, integrated suppressor) can be particularly intimidating at close range.
- Due to the extreme bullet drop of the 9x39 round, the AS VAL performs poorly at long-range engagements. Even mid-ranged combat requires significant accounting for the bullet drop. Because of this, the AS VAL is best used as a high-powered close quarters rifle.