Escape from Tarkov features five skill categories that are trained through active use. In short, the more you use a skill, the better you get at it. Every skill can be leveled up to level 51 (elite level), this level provides an extra ability linked to the skill.
- Since the 0.12.1.5413 update (24 Dec 2019), while leveling skills, the character will now have "exhaustion” of skill per raid, this means that skill will be leveled more slowly during the raid after every repeat. If you do not level a certain skill for a while (a few minutes), the character will recover and will be able to level this skill with normal speed again. This change is directed against skills abuse (targeted and consecutive leveling of the same skill).
- Each skill has several stages of progression speed:
- 129% progression speed: At the beginning of a raid, skills progress at a rate of 129% (denoted by a blue arrow ) until a first threshold unique to each skill is reached.
- 100% progression speed: Upon reaching the first threshold, the skill will level at its usual rate (denoted by the lack of an arrow). This behavior remains true until a second threshold is reached.
- 50% progression speed: Once the second threshold is reached, the skill will receive a 50% penalty in leveling speed (denoted by a red arrow ).
- 75% progression speed: After 3 minutes of not leveling a skill, the progression speed penalty is lessened to 25%.
- 100% progression speed: If a skill is not leveled for 16 minutes, the skill progression speed goes back to normal. Any further leveling of the skill past this stage will re-apply the 50% penalty within a smaller period of time.
- Constructing the Air Filtering Unit in the Hideout grants a 40% experience boost to the Physical skills group however this module also requires a FP-100 filter absorber in order to run.
- Constructing the Library in the Hideout grants a 30% experience boost to the Practical skills group and an additional 15% boost to experience earned in raid.
Special skills are unique abilities that can only be unlocked by members of a specific faction.
Almost all actions in Escape from Tarkov grant the player experience. For example killing, looting or quest completions. The table below shows the EXP required to level up and a cumulative total.
Please note: These values appear to have changed, we are working on compiling this.