The cultist priest and his 2-4 followers have different health values than PMCs and Scavs.
|Cultist Priest||Stats||Cultist Warrior||Stats|
Arms: 100 each
Legs: 100 each
Arms: 100 each
Legs: 100 each
- A group of cultists is formed by a cultist priest and warriors.
- Cultists are cold blooded and can't be spotted with thermal vision devices.
- Killing cultists as a Scav does not carry any penalties towards your karma.
- Instead of the typical 4x single slot pockets, the cultist priest has 5 double slot pockets, bringing their total space to 10 slots.
They spawn between 22:00 and 6:00, even if the raid has already started. Keep in mind that they can wander quite far away from their initial spawn locations.
- Woods: Near their ritual places western of the sawmill and at the dilapidated village in the north.
- Shoreline: Western of the river between the power station and gas station, as well as north-east of the swamp village and at the health resort.
Note: It is rare, but possible that they appear in the health resort and at one of the other two locations in the same raid.
Cultists lurk in the shadows in groups of 3-5, waiting for a player to approach. They silently approach their enemies and stab them using either normal knives or, in case of the priests, the poisoned Cultist knife. If fired upon, the Cultists will return fire using firearms and grenades. After they attack a player with their knife, they may choose to run off into the woods again and attempt to attack the player(s) from the shadows once again. Some Cultists have been seen to prone in the grass or hide in bushes while their companions engage the player(s) with weapons, then attack with their knives when it's least expected.
Cultist warriors will ignore scavs, scav guards, bosses, and scav players, but may shoot scav players on sight if aggravated. Cultist priests will attempt to run to cover whenever a scav player comes too close to their current location, and may shoot on sight if also aggravated.
As the Cultists prefer to ambush players and are extremely well hidden, they almost always have the initiative. Thus, it is important for players to quickly determine exactly where the Cultists are and attempt to regain the initiative. Cultists appear to always have suppressors and stick to cover, so players must be able to quickly spot them in the trees, especially at night. On Woods, players should be especially careful when traveling through either of the Marked Circles on the map. Additionally, Cultists have been seen to stalk players and open fire on them unprovoked, even if they must travel away from the Marked Circles. Players should be extremely cautious as the Cultists use ammo with high-penetrative power, yet rarely spawn with grenades. Cultists may spawn with a variety of armor, ranging from no protection to class 6 armor, however, they rarely, if at all, use headgear, so headshots are certainly a viable option.
If stabbed by the Cultist knife, players will be inflicted by the Unknown toxin debuff, which deals gradual damage over time and causes pain. The toxin can be cured by the xTG-12 antidote injector or Augmentin antibiotic pills otherwise, the player must extract from the raid or they will run out of medication and die.
Note that the primary weapons can have numerous mod variations and those shown below are examples.
|"Shattered" lightweight armored mask||1|
|Pestily plague mask|
|GP-5 gas mask|
|Cold Fear infrared balaclava|
Scav Bosses can hold any key or keycard in their pockets.Sektants can hold any item in their backpacks.
- Cultist warrior names are hidden, instead appearing as "Sektant", a loose translation of "Cultist" to Russian.
- The cultist priest's name is always Zhrec (| zhrɛts |) which, in Russian, denotes a priest that performs sacrifices and doesn't serve the Christian God.